Yes, the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge is back. I received an email a few days ago from Curt to inquire about my interest in taking the challenge once more, and I gladly accepted.This year I want to be a bit more ready with my stuff so the Trolls mentioned in my last post will wait a little while I clean and prime as many things as possible in the coming weeks!
The Challenge is similar in format to last year, however with a few twist, first and foremost the inclusion of Sci-Fi and Fantasy figures. There is also themes per week, those interested can read all about it on Curt's blog
The inclusion of fantasy miniatures is great news for me, as it means I'll be able to include my Oldhammer project in the contest. But while I intend to focus on my fantasy project, I also want to use the opportunity to work a little on my Canaanites and Napoleonics.
After some difficult thinking, I've decided on this target as well as my (tentative) plan. So my magic number is...590 pts. It is more than I did last year (405 pts), but less than last year's target number (710 pts). A middle ground number, really.
Here's the rundown, which may be changed without prior notice at any time :
- 15 Chaos Warriors (15x5) : 75 pts
- 10 Chaos Warriors (10x5) : 50
- 15 Chaos Dwarfs (15x5) : 75 pts
- 4 Trolls (15x4) : 60 pts
- 1 Jabberwock (15) : 15 pts
- 20 Beastmen (20x5) : 100 pts
- 16 Canaanite archers (16x5) : 80 pts
- 1 Canaanite Prince on Chariot : 35 pts
- Austrian 6pdr battery (4 guns + 12 crew) (4x10+12x5) : 100 pts
- 1 "28mm figure that is inspired by a Sam Peckinpah film"* : 5 pts
Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got figures to prep.
*I have no idea yet what I'm doing yet! ;-)